Sunday, June 22, 2008

#3

The sports gods are not on my side this summer.  I was the first person knocked out of our soccer pool because although I had the Netherlands going all the way, unfortch my other 3 semis teams were all freakin eliminated after the first round.  I couldn't bring myself to watch the NL vs. Russia game yesterday and the cheers from KGB Bar next door confirmed my fear that yes, the Dutch men would choke as history shows they tend to do.

The Orioles are actually playing above .500 now, which never happens.  I wasn't even born the last time they won the World Series... and forget winning, they haven't even been in the series since I've been alive.  I must be bad luck.  Dodgers and Blue Jays are both under .500 right now, so it seems as if expanding the number of teams that I root for isn't helping anything.

And I miss playing field hockey a lot.  I've been doing my research but anyone who is 24 and still plays is on some amazing club team.  I just want to play pick-up games with high schoolers or something because we all know I haven't played competitively since then.

Tonight:
Yael Naim in Central Park... going to get my Hebrew-French on with everyone from work.

No comments: